Language and Humor
Here’s the Humor section of Language and Humor. If I had to summarize my interests via two nouns joined by the word and, I’d say “Unicorns and Sparkles!” But that’d be too much information, so I called the site “Language and Humor.” This is some original humor, both language-related and other.
- Twitter Wordplay 1, Twitter Wordplay 2
- My entries for Artwiculate’s and Loqwacious’s word of the day games on Twitter.
- Twitter Blend Games
- My posts for altered and blended song/film/etc. titles (#hashtag wordplay games) on Twitter.
I love Japan (and extended my stay there from the original two years to almost five years), but here I have a little fun with Japanese language and culture.
Animated GIFs / ＧＩＦアニメ
- Daruma Doll
- (19 seconds, 65.7 KB)
- Make a wish, and paint in the doll’s left eye. When your wish comes true, paint in his right eye.
- Daruma Doll in Japanese / だるまおもちゃ（日本語版）
- (19 seconds, 66 KB)
- Maneki Neko Statue / 招き猫像
- (16 seconds; 75.8 KB)
- Get good luck from a lucky cat (even from this bad kitty).
Quizzes and Wordplay
- Quiz: American Movie Titles in Japan
- Try to guess each movie’s original American title from the Japanese title.
- Quiz: (Song) Colorful? You’re Dreamin’!
- Use the vocabulary to fill in the blanks within this “California Dreamin’” parody.
- Quiz: (Song) The Sound of Mind Need Silence
- Use the vocabulary to fill in the blanks within this “The Sound of Silence” parody.
- Quiz: Blended Japanese Expressions
- Save time by blending Japanese expressions with other words.
- Dajare (Puns) / 駄洒落
- Read my original Japanese puns with romanization and English translations.